View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 07:02 AM   #87
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
It's really very simple:

Read our Posting Guidelines, which sets a limit for 600 x 600 pixels. A link to those Guidelines is located at the very bottom of every page! Those limits were set by the owner of this site, by the way.

The easiest method to post an image is to go to 'Manage Attachments' and (after you finished writing your post and prior to posting it), simply upload the image!
From the Guidelines:
Quote:
Images included in posts must be no more than 600x600 pixels. Individual forum sections, including the Self-Promotions forum, may require smaller images. Please read the Promotion Posting Guidelines for specific information. You may use a picture as a link to a larger picture elsewhere.
I read that as saying that the maximum image size permitted, whether inline or as an attachment, is 600x600. Anything larger should be an external link. Whether I inline the image or add it as an attachment, I would still see that as an image included in the post.

But the discussion here suggests that there is no limit to the size of images if they are included as attachments. If that is the case, I would suggest updating the guidelines, as that is not at all clear.

The attachment function is only discussed in relation to public domain images, as having the advantage of keeping them available, not for allowing larger sizes.

Quote:
When posting images that are in the public domain, we recommend that you use the attachment feature or your MobileRead album, rather than directly linking to offsite locations. This way we can ensure that the images won't suddenly disappear. (This is also good netiquette as it is not using someone else's bandwidth.)
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote