View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 12:53 AM   #13
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I unpacked the mobi file and found the following line in the content.opf:

Code:
<dc:contributor>calibre (0.7.47) [http://calibre-ebook.com]</dc:contributor>
The GitHub releases list doesn't go back that far but a Google search came up with a release date of Feb. 2011. I suspect that was the current version when the file was first created and it has never been updated. It is newer than the first version of calibre I installed a few months after I joined MobileRead. Time flies when you're reading books...
AYUP, thar it is. That's what I see every time I get an email with someone saying that a mobi won't open, or they can't do this or that. I mean...Calibre OR MBPC or some of the other third-party doodads we've seen over the last decade.

Man, you're right. How time flies...I just realized that I have...man, at least 500 PRC-cum-MOBI files here that were built "back in the day" using MBPC. OUCH. (Thank GOD that my first "employee" helped me learn how to make ePUBs. Jesus. The thought of that number being worse... )

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote