View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 09:07 PM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
I would use .tar file format, because tar does not try to compress a file. Calibre's exported data files are already quite compressed.
Right now, as my original post indicates, I don't have space my entire library. That is why I want to do just a partial backup. And then when it's time to actually upload the data files into my Google cloud account. I plan to ”tar” one or two or three partitions at a time.

As for your last question, it's only if it's absolutely necessary. But right now it seems that there is a way for me to accomplish my goal without having to buy more hardware of any type
You are ding it all wrong. You do not export. You close Calibre and compress the library as is or you backup the library as is. Exporting is no really all that convenient.

You do need more storage to do what it is you want. So why not just give in and do it so it works?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote