View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 02:58 AM   #26
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Here are my top reads for this year:

Favorite new-to-me book: This is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone. Thank you astrangerhere for the strong recommendation of this last year (or 2018?).
Honorable mentions: The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin. Excellent story but it was hard for me to read books in a series this year so this one didn't quite make the top spot.

Favorite short story: Pockets by Amal El-Mohtar. Linked to the text version but you should listen to LeVar Burton's audio version here.
Honorable mention: Wikihistory by Desmond Warzel.

Favorite book published this year: False Value by Ben Aaronovitch
Honorable mention: N/A - I didn't get to a couple of the books I expected to be favorites - Network Effect by Martha Wells (I love Murderbot), Peace Talks by Jim Butcher and a couple new Penric and Desdemona novellas by Lois McMaster Bujold.

Right now I don't really have any must reads lined up for 2021. There is a new Orphan X story coming out in January but the last one wasn't my favorite of the series. Hopefully this one will go better.

Last edited by Dazrin; 12-22-2020 at 03:01 AM.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote