View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 10:30 PM   #1439
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilker View Post
Hopefully this belongs here When plugging my Kobo Clara in and letting the reading percentage update. I get an error on the "Upload to Goodreads" portion.

calibre, version 5.5.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:can only concatenate str (not "bytes") to str

calibre 5.5 embedded-python: True is64bit: True
macOS-10.16-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '20.1.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 20.1.0: Sat Oct 31 00:07:11 PDT 2020; root:xnu-7195.50.7~2/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 3.8.5
OSX: ('10.16', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Goodreads Sync (1, 14, 3) && KePub Output (3, 4, 1) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 11, 8) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 4, 1) && Prettify Cover (1, 5, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.dialogs", line 713, in action_button_clicked
self.grhttp.update_status(client, goodreads_id, progress, self.progress_is_percent, review_text)
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 386, in update_status
response, _content = self._oauth_request_post(oauth_client, url, body, success_status)
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 151, in _oauth_request_post
return self._handle_failure(response, content, url)
File "calibre_plugins.goodreads_sync.core", line 195, in _handle_failure
detail = 'URL: ' + url + '\nResponse Code: ' + response['status'] +'\n' + content
TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "bytes") to str

I also get this error when manually running the sync from shelf function.
That is an error when displaying an error from the call to the Goodreads site. It is fixed in the beta that I posted recently. Please try that. I'll release the beta when I have more feedback that it solves the performance problems and doesn't break anything else.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote