Thread: CSS Question
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 09:53 AM   #29
deback
Book E d i t o r
deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.deback ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
My preference is to use combinators and do not use, what are to me, unnecessary classes on tags.

Well, I like to keep it simple, so I use a different class for each type of paragraph or item for each of the pages. I use names that are easy to remember and use a template file that I can quickly copy and paste into a CSS file (all pasted over the .calibre class) for classes, such as: desc, desc1, epi, epi1, acks, acks1, contents, contents1, chapter, chapter1, ni, text, title, author, publ, etc. This makes it very easy and quick when editing an ePub file. I use find and replace a lot when cleaning up the messy codes that I find so often in poorly formatted files.
deback is offline   Reply With Quote