View Single Post
Old 10-28-2020, 12:46 PM   #27
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariopepper View Post
Yes, in narrative. I tried to find exactly about using etc in narratives, but found only <spam link> and I'm not sure if rules are the same for narrative. Your thoughts?
I think that's not bad advice. I think it's poor in dialogue unless it fits the character of the speaker and is probably wrong in narration. Also different cultures may have a phrase that indicates there are more items.

Anything is possible in dialogue, if it's in character.

Last edited by issybird; 10-28-2020 at 07:27 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote