View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 10:02 PM   #1
hikarisama010
hikarisama010 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Marvin not reading epub table of contents as created

Hey all,

I'm consolidating a six book series into a single omnibus version, just to make my library a bit neater. But I'm encountering a issue where Marin seems to be unable to read the new ToC as made for the omnibus, refusing to display the full ToC even where other readers have no issue.

I'm using:
iPhone XR iOS 13.7
Marvin 3.1.2 build 34
Calibre 5.3 with EpubMerge 2.11.0

I merged books 1-6 together using EpubMerge, and verified that the ToC looks as its suppose to on calibre's native reader, on SumatraPDF, and with the reader on the Readder Documents app on my phone.

The ToC shows up as I had made it on all of those other readers, except for Marvin. Marvin decided that its just going to show the first book, or the first three books, depending on criteria that I'm evidently not privy to.

I did a couple of test then, using EpubMerge's settings to keep the ToC from the individual books at this point with no editing of the ToC or epub sections.
- It will show all chapters for Books 1, 2 & 3 omnibus
- It will only show book 1 chapters for Books 1, 2, 3 & 4 omnibus
- It will show all chapters for Books 4, 5 & 6 omnibus
- It will show all chapters for Books 3, 4, 5 & 6 omnibus
- It will only show book 2 chapters for Books 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 omnibus

I'm at a loss with this. It's doesn't seem to be a book limit, as I have another omnibus that is eight books long that has a complete ToC on Marvin.

Is there any documentation on how Marvin reads ToC data from epubs?
It sure doesn't seem like its reading the changes I initially made, or the auto-generated ones from EpubMerge half the time. Can anyone shine some light on this? Do I need to go in and edit the section names or something?
hikarisama010 is offline   Reply With Quote