View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 06:41 AM   #4
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
I agree with the price trend. However, I also see that more refurbished or 2nd chance devices hit the webshops. So a 2nd chance device is actually becoming cheaper than they were a few years ago.

I wanted a reasonable free device with a note taking feature. I settled on a 10" Onyx Boox Note Pro device which was priced down to 485€ from 550€ due to the arrival of the Note 2 series and further priced down to 375€ due to 2nd chance.

I bought it from a Onyx importer that is a few miles from where I live in Holland, but I think it is a general trend. People sent devices back more often. So the marketprice for new devices becomes higher just to cope and the need to sell off returned devices grows.

A Dutch ereader brand even went bust because the return rates were 20% instead of the foreseen 15%. I think it was the brand Icarus, IIRC.*

Last edited by Markismus; 10-23-2020 at 06:47 AM.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote