View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 11:38 AM   #29316
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
My 3 star review of Sugar and Vice, by Eve Calder:-

Spoiler:
For a short book, this one has a list of distracting flaws. All the bamboozlement about the Pirate George Bly were anything but. I guessed almost everything midway through.

The other, major plot mystery was impossible to guess. The revelations on this crime were a bit ho hum because the author didn't give us clues leading to the solvency of the mystery.

The first book got 4 stars from me. It was better than this successor. And I do want to keep reading this series. I like the setting. Very cozy, domestic, with a believable cast of supporting characters peopling the book.

As I live on an island, I understand the charm of this book. Kate McGuire is a not so flawed character who is flustered but never angry, hardworking but never workaholic, cultivated without being a snob.

The best thing about her is that she isn't a goody two shoes. Well, she is, but the author makes one forget that aspect of her personality. She seems like a real person. I like this series and will keep waiting for newer and newest tales.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote