View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #28
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The reason it belongs in Deals, Freebies, and Resources s because sometimes eBooks free at Amazon can also be free elsewhere like Sony (for example). So even if they are not posted, people can see what's free for the Kindle and then have a look elsewhere for the same free eBooks. But leaving it here is not a good idea for the non-Kindle users.

Also, when this thread is moved, a link can be left here to jump over to the moved thread giving the best of both worlds. But just leaving it here is a bad idea. The idea behind Deals, Freebies, and Resources was to post deals, freebies, or resources. And this post beings there since it deals with freebies. So please move it where it belongs.
We've have already discussed this angle earlier in the thread, the moderators have already decided that it's ok here...can't you drop it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporadic
Well, like I said, this isn't meant to replace the Deals, Freebies, and Resources forum; this thread is just a place to compliment it. A master list for new or not new Kindle users.

Kindle deals and non-Kindle deals will continue to be posted in the Deals, Freebies, and Resources forum (and I will add the Kindle deals to the list )

-----------------

Again, this thread is meant to be a master list.

So the scenario that's probably going to happen 99.9% of the time is:

Kindle owner notices that _______ book is free, posts a thread about it in the Freebie section.

I see thread, add _______ to list.

or

I notice ________ is no longer free and remove it from the list.

Sony users and people with other readers continue life as normal.

Kindle users get a list of all the free stuff available without having to dig through multiple threads or troll Amazon's bestseller list.

------------

Yes, if somebody only post in here that a free book is available...I'll inform them to also make a thread in Freebie or I'll do it myself and give credit to the original poster.

Last edited by Sporadic; 03-23-2009 at 02:08 PM.