View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 08:45 AM   #92
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
It could be nice to have a seperate space for more serious descussions...
But how would this work in practice? Would someone (a mod?) need to judge when a light-hearted remark had overstepped the boundary into silliness?

If someone has started a serious (to them) discussion, I can see it would be annoying to see others treat it flippantly.
But, I would rather see a debate descend into silliness than vitriol - apart from anything else, it is easier for a debate to recover from levity and it can act to prevent things getting too heated.
Perceived 'cliquiness' is a problem, but I think generally all contributions are treated with equal respect. On a (very) few occasions I have seen what seemed to me 'mobbing' of one poster by a group and that has made me sad - but I think that behaviour is extremely rare.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote