View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 02:42 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Not always. There are plenty properly formatted self-pubs nowadays. For example, Vellum for MacOS usually produces a nice layout, and many authors use it.
You mean Vellum that adds multiple unused classes in the text files? Vellum that supplies two stylesheets, one of which is stuffed with unused classes, the other of which is filled with a hodge-podge of media queries (and that is in the epub flavour of the file)? Vellum that can generate a page map that has out of order entries?

The best I can say for Vellum is that it is relatively easy to use and generates files that allow handling the oddities of Amazon's formats fairly decently.

As for voting in the poll, pdf and dejavu are probably the two worst. Cbr/cbz/cb7 are image based formats and I've seen several conversions that produced unreadable epubs. As for chm, I seem to remember it converted fairly well but I haven't seen one of them in years.

Last edited by DNSB; 10-02-2020 at 02:45 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote