View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 05:16 PM   #34
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: H2O, GloHD, KA1, ClaraHD, Forma
kobopatch 'Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height'

Following up on my previous message:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
As fw 4.24.15672 was so short-lived I should probably repeat my previous message here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Attention users of patch Dictionary text font-family/font-size/line-height in libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml ...

Please note that I needed to make some changes because of dictionary code Kobo have added/removed - presumably related to the new dictonaries they are due to release in October.

If you have a saved customised version of this patch you will need to update it.

The fix should work for now but it may well need to be updated again once I have seen the new dictionaries.
Today I committed a new version of this patch to @geek1011's GitHub site. Assuming he probably won't want to do a full re-release because of a single patch, you can copy the new version from here. Be careful when copy/pasting, this page contains 2 patches, so make sure you only copy the first - i.e. everything except the last 4 lines.

If you're already using this patch and you're experiencing problems with a headword (bigger bolder lookup word on first line) being clipped at the left edge then updating might help.

I can't be 100% sure I've finished tweaking this patch yet so if today's new dictionaries aren't causing you any problems with this patch then maybe leave it alone for the time being. I need to see whether any new problems arise as more people get the new dictionaries.

If you have any problems after updating, please report them here.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote