View Single Post
Old 09-26-2020, 04:57 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Hi,

I have some template functions in the database that are not python 3 compatibles (that pesky '<>'). Problem is, they give an error starting calibre 5 and I cannot modify them. Is there any way to modify them in calibre 5 or do I have to write down all the functions that fail, open the database in calibre 4, modify them and open again with calibre 5?
No, there isn't a way to modify failing functions in calibre, be it 4 or 5. The assumption in the code is that the functions compile.

You can get the text of the functions using an sqlite data browser like this one. Open metadata.db and show the preferences table. The text of all of the functions are json-encoded in the row 'user_template_functions'.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote