View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 10:33 AM   #73
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I still fail to see how such a 'new' sub-forum would achieve that.
My feeling, and I am certainly guilty of this is that the description of the Lounge is "friendly banter". The definition of banter is:

noun
the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks : there was much singing and good-natured banter.

verb
talk or exchange remarks in a good-humored teasing way : the men bantered with the waitresses | [as adj. ] ( bantering) a bantering tone.

So, threads in the lounge seem more prone to this happening. I know I have done it.

That said, would a "Serious" pre-fix perhaps be an idea? This would not be a hard fast rule that you couldn't have FUN in that thread, but just would indicate to folks that the OP wasn't kidding and didn't mean to "banter".

A new prefix would also allow for an inclusive filtering for that pre-fix.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote