View Single Post
Old 03-22-2009, 09:26 AM   #63
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
As one who is guilty of hijacking some threads, I agree that there may be a need for rational compromise.

Interestingly at least one thread in the Lounge would be classed as 'silliness', yet has no label to that effect.

Most of the comments here are from Mods, despite a post that said the mods had already discussed the issue and 'voted' in favour of the status-quo.

In a free discussion forum like MobileRead, I wonder how anyone would be able to 'police' a policy that states 'silly comments only in threads marked as such'.

Making a personal decision, I will now refrain from making inappropriate comments in a thread that does not have a 'Utterly Silliness' tag. This does not mean that I will not make witty remarks where content/context allows, which I feel is quite different to a hijack.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote