View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 11:42 PM   #222
Student1
Groupie
Student1 doesn't litterStudent1 doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
I think you would benefit from the dilation (i.e. don't use --no-dilate) that PDFRead does especially if you get the update in post #1 of this thread in the file 'pdfread-MinFilter5-mod-bin.zip' and use 600 DPI.

The dilation bolds the text so that any reduction in size from it's original dimensions, say, 3000x4000 down to 520x640 can still retain some thickness of the original text.

Just experiment on a small page range like --first-page "31" --last-page "31" to see which setup you prefer.

The 'optimize .PNGs' will help with the resulting filesize without too much of a processing hit.

See these sample conversions of page 31 of a Archive.org (merryadventureso00pyle2.pdf) scanned book.
Wow huge difference! You just saved me a week in processing power! Well i have to restart but atleast the result will be a lot better! Also i noticed the images did not take the whole page and most of the time i had to zoom once or twice on my device, is there an option so the images will fit the screen without loosing quality (ie stretching)? Again while using the same options without the no dilate this time, also picked up the update, missed the the first time!!
Student1 is offline   Reply With Quote