View Single Post
Old 09-04-2020, 10:01 AM   #29141
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
My 3 star review of Around the World in Eighty Days (Extraordinary Voyages, #11) by Jules Verne:-

Spoiler:
Have been reading this in French, and I have to say, Verne's book gained in translation, instead of having lost, if you get my drift.

This was a reread. It held up well, and in the lack of otherwise, I must credit the pleasurable, and ingenious denouement to Jules Verne.

The book must have looked drop dead fresh, pardon the oxymoron, in its debut year. As you see, the English language has borrowed a lot from the French. It has gained in richness for that.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote