View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 05:05 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaLollina View Post
Hi theducks, are you saying that this configuration can be applied only to the exact duplicate of the library it was applied before? Doesn't change anything that the first config folder was on Windows?

Ps: (I edited my last reply, it was a mess and I didn't notice it until today, it should be more comprehensible now, sorry for the inconvenient)
Yes! The only change you will make is to point Calibre at the current Library (and others, if you have more than 1).
When you first start up after doing the Config, calibre will report NOT Found (because it was a Windows path also) and make the entry. If you used the Linux Default, you are good to go, as you should see your books.
If you used a custom name/location: right-click the Library Icon: Switch-Create: USE EXISTING:<path>
Once you Library (ies) are settled: Cleanup the Quick switch: By selecting DELETE for any non-active ENTRY (these are just links, in you case:mostly dead). Even if you deleted an actual entry. it only removes the Linkage. You will be instructed to use the OS to remove the actual folder to finalize (give you a chance to recover from a oops ).
In your case, the path is now bogus, so there is no unwanted Library folder.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote