View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 06:15 PM   #11
Marinolino
Groupie
Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura-One (using KOReader app), Boox Note-3, iPad(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterz87 View Post
I was previously looking at the Boox Nova2 but I don't think 7.8" will be large enough. If you've read textbooks via Vitalsource on the Boox Nova2 then I can be alieved and I'll go with the 7.8" model. I was going to go with it but after looking at what size hardcovers are and doing the math I don't know if a 14% larger screen is enough to help me enough.
We can comfortably read paperbacks & hardcovers (the page width about 5-6 inches) either in the portraite mode (margins cropped) or in the landscape mode (it takes two or three screens per page) because 8" screens are approx. 6" (16 cm) wide in landscape, and for the wider hardcovers (7 or 8 inches page width) we can also use landscape mode together with a crop function or a similar empty-margin reducing mode.

I can comfortably read a lot of my A4 b/w documents on 300 dpi 7.8" Aura because many of those are either two-column pdfs (using two-column mode or panning or reflow mode) or are single-column A4 documents but with the text width at about 16 cm (6 1/2 ") instead of 17-18 cm (over 7"), using landscape mode, margins completely cropped.

Last edited by Marinolino; 08-27-2020 at 12:08 PM.
Marinolino is offline   Reply With Quote