View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 09:45 AM   #13
2rl
2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese2rl can extract oil from cheese

Device: Likebook Mars
Hi! I ordered a Likebook Mars and I'm expecting it in a few days, in the meantime. I've explored different options for rooting it and this is what I've done:

1) Download the new Android 8.1 update package
2) Unpack the update-10225.img file with imgRePackerRK
3) Copy the boot image to your Android phone
4) Download and install the latest Magisk Manager in your Android phone
5) Press Install → Install → Select and Patch a File, and select your stock boot image file
6) Magisk Manager will patch the image, and store it in [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.img
7) Copy the patched image from your device to your PC. If you can’t find it via MTP, you can pull the file with ADB:
adb pull /sdcard/Download/magisk_patched.img
8) Rename it to boot.img. Find the folder where you originally copied it from (update-10225.img.dump) and replace it with the unpatched boot.img
9) Repack the update-10225.img with imgRePackerRK and follow the update procedure as explained by Likebook

Instructions on how to use imgRePackerRK and dowload https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2257331

It's a simple process and should work reliably. If you get stuck in a bootloop you can redo the update process with original unpatched update-10225.img to get back up and running.

Once you have root access you can flash NanoDroid-microG-22.6.91.20200821 through the magisk app and you'll get rid of the battery sucking spying google apps while mantaining a fully functional system.

Another interesting option once rooted is to monitor any suspicious app sending data in the background. Now you can debloat/disable unwanted apps and have full control of your system.
2rl is offline   Reply With Quote