View Single Post
Old 08-13-2020, 12:00 PM   #9
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
One thing I have noticed with Win10 is that it eventually need to be rebooted for the updates to take place after a while. So if you do have updates to do and can do them, do them ASAP.
Some updates don't require reboots. Some do. I apply those ASAP in the spirit of remaining fully patched. I simply have Win10 set to tell me updates are available but let me choose when to install.

Win10 Pro here runs off an SSD, so full reboots are quick. It takes longer for major updates to apply than to reboot the machine once they have.

(In some cases when things are having issues, logging off and logging back on instead of a full reboot can clear things up. That was not the case here.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote