View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 12:22 PM   #15
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Another odd quirk: I have a six-core processor. The readme file indicated that the default number of parallel processes should be set to the number of CPUs, but in mine it was default set to 12. It's possible that was another reason it was running so slow before. It may be some oddity stemming from my particular CPU (AMD Ryzen 2600) though.
A Ryzen 2600 6 core is listed as 6 core 12 thread so the CPU supports hyperthreading. OTOH, I've found several times where exceeding the number of physical CPU cores slows processes down since hyperthreading does not duplicate the full CPU core.

And my test is still running after 8 hours (~11,500 books).

Edited to copy the edit comment to the body of the message:

Edit: Just finished. at 09:24. About 2 minutes after the message was written.

Last edited by DNSB; 07-27-2020 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Edit: Moved just finished message and time into the body of the message
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote