View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 05:15 PM   #1378
CorrisD
CorrisD began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I think this is the right place to ask.

I recently picked up a Kobo Clara HD. I'm pretty sure I've got a handle on using Calibre in general, through a bit of googling which lead me to this website I've managed to set up syncing Calibre and my Kobo together, converting to Kepubs etc., and read progress from my Kobo to Calibre with custom columns. Through that I've set up the Goodreads Sync to read that and then update my Goodreads account with my recently read books.

Which so far seems to have worked with the one book I've read on my Kobo, this has synced to Goodreads as being 100% read and then has been put on my Read shelf. This all happened automatically once I set the right columns in the plug-in settings. I didn't seem to need to do much more than that for it to work and just "ok" everything when I next synced my Kobo with Calibre. So this is a great start.

What I can't seem to figure out is how to automatically set a book as "Currently Reading" on Goodreads, if that's at all possible? It's not a big deal if it isn't, books being set as Read will work long term, but I figured I would ask the question anyway.

I've started a second book, and the Kobo plug-in can see I'm reading it, it has updated the percentage on Calibre, and that percentage is being updated on Goodreads with this plug-in and I can see that on my profile that it knows I'm updating the books read percentage. However Goodreads doesn't seem to automatically translate this to a book being read, I can see the "Currently Reading" shelf on the plug-in, but I am unsure how to translate this progress as moving it to the right shelf automatically, if it is possible?

It's perfectly possible I am being a complete newbie at this, a lot of this has just automatically worked after a few synced columns were set up, but I figured I would ask the question in case I am just being a bit dense and I've just missed the explanation somewhere.
CorrisD is offline   Reply With Quote