View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 06:30 AM   #29018
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Manga
My 4 star review of The Sea of Monsters, by Rick Riordan:-

Spoiler:
Lately I've been avoiding overuse of 4 starred reviews, because they are the most common ratings generally speaking. And thus, by proxy, they are the most misleading ones. But if any book deserves high plaudits it's The Sea of Monsters.

I could tell that snippets of this book were derivative. Some of the borrowing of ideas led the trail straight to Greek myths. Others faintly reminded me of Harry Potter. There's no denying that Rick Riordan was the biggest winner among writers. He was smart and quick to build a fanbase.

I'm not sorry I read Percy Jackson. His are eternal stories. They are fun stories. Memorable ones. Inspiring ones. The ending too... loved it. This book is a step up from The Lightning Thief. The Titan's Curse is just round the corner. The end? Thought not.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote