View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 08:46 AM   #101
carltonbp
Connoisseur
carltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enoughcarltonbp will become famous soon enough

Device: Icarus Illumina
There is a a way of doing this yourself, I had help and it was a steep learning curve but because I'm on Windows and of limited skill I wasn't also able to repartition to a larger micro SD card but I did get it working again.

The easier option is to contact Russia Pocketbook who were very helpful, it has to be Russia, Europe wasn't interested.

For less than 5 and that included a tip they did the new firmware for me.

I contacted them at this address service@pocketbook-int.ru

I said an update had made my card read only and I wanted a new image file. All replies will be in Russian but they can clearly read English but to try and help i also included a Russian translation of my messages and tried to keep them short and clear.

I got a new micro SD card that I health checked, but with increased size (16gb)

I needed to get the unique code for this card, as the firmware is linked to a specific card. There is an app to do this in the thread but also Pocketbook tell you how to do it.

You then need to pay via paypal.

Finally they will create the firmware to your new card size so if you replace a 4gb card with a 16gb card they will partition the firmware so you now have 16gb which is good. The file is able to download for 3 days so don't go on holiday.

They give very good instructions, albeit in Russian and my 840 ereader has been working perfectly ever since.
carltonbp is offline   Reply With Quote