Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 04:53 PM   #1274
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loceka View Post
Hello,

I just bought a Clara HD with firmware 4.22.15190 and I have noticed a few "bugs" or more like misfunctions and I wondered what was the best way to inform the kobo team ?

Here are the bugs:
- the text reader (.txt files) does not recognize UTF8 without BOM
- the text reader does not close the file when the last page is turned (it returns to the 1st one)
- the text reader font size is a lot smaller than the epub one for the same settings, which forces to adjust the font size each time we switch between text file and epub (there is a workaround by forcing the font size on each text file in the DB)

- on epubs, the page numbers are displayed over the text instead of in the margin, regardless of the margin size (only the rightmost digit is in the margin)

- [improvement] it would be nice to be able to see the full title (when it is truncated) in the book list and book manager by scrolling or pressing it

Thanks,
Loceka
There is a mismatch between the two different reading software. RMSDK is used to read ePub and PDF and Access is used to read KePub and text files. There are patches that will synchronize the font sizes so Access will use the same size as RMSDK. It works well.

You'll need to look at the patch thread for 4.22.15190 in the Kobo Developer forum. Free free to ask questions about the patches in that thread.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote