View Single Post
Old 07-12-2020, 09:44 AM   #29011
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
My review of The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1), by Rick Riordan:-

Spoiler:
I tried to read a newer book by Riordan in the recent past. It didn't stick. Now I have read this book, I feel that maybe I had been hasty with the previous book, the one with Kurt Cobain on the cover

This book didn't have jaw-dropping twists, but it was slightly more than okay. The kids spoke like people in their 20s. The mentors and the Gods had no scope to be memorable.

Truth be told, this middle grade novel reminded me of the Goosebumps series, by R.L. Stine. It had the same limited appeal, the same cap on imagination, the same tame endings. It's reminiscent of compartmentalisation. No biggie.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote