View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 02:48 AM   #13
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Oh jeeze, I completely misread Mister L's and the other posts. I thought Title Casing methods were being discussed like:

Code:
<h2>TEXT</h2> -> <h2 title="Text">TEXT</h2>
<h2 title="Text">T<small>EXT</small></h2> -> <h2>Text</h2>
so I typed up the ultimate "Title Casing: Everything You Didn't Know You Ever Wanted to Know" post.

After rereading entire thread, I see Mister L meant the EPUB's TOC (nav/NCX) already had the chapters capitalized the way he wanted.

I'll do very minor answers here, then toss the enormous tangent in the Workshop in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister L View Post
Do you see how complicated this is, when the work has already been done and the correct titles are already in the file??
Well, the 2nd example you gave in Post #1 wasn't correct in the file... so those recommendations were mostly geared towards cleaning types like that.

But now I see what you mean by "correct in the file".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister L View Post
Plus it looks like that site is in English, most of the books I work on are in French.
Yeah, French title casing probably brings in its own issues like lowercase l’ before words, or keeping "pour" lowercase.

I definitely don't know any title casing tool that handles French exceptions. I've only seen American English only. (More details and edge cases will be in forthcoming topic.)

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 06-24-2020 at 02:56 AM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote