View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 01:24 PM  
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Some notes:
  • There's now a new PrivacyPermissionsManager which controls privacy settings with more granularity than the existing toggle in Settings (it has individual options for crash logging, analytics, stats, recommendations. I haven't tried it yet, but it can be controlled from a web interface (I think there will be a link somewhere). I can also make patches to control these if anyone's interested.
    • Update: If reading stats are disabled, they aren't synced.
    • Update: If recommendations are disabled, they are removed from book details, the smartlink, store, menu, similar books, and more in series. (there might be a few other areas, but those are the main ones I checked)
    • Update: If crash logging is disabled, reports aren't sent to Kobo.
    • Update: If A/B testing is disabled, the tests aren't applied.
    • Update: If analytics are disabled, the events aren't sent (they are discarded completely).
    • Update: This feature hasn't been rolled out officially yet (it will eventually show up in Power/Energy Saving settings once kobo_privacyCentre_url is set by Kobo in the OneStoreServices section during a sync).
  • As mentioned in the official release notes, there's a new language search filter.
  • Patches should be out in an hour or two.
  • The sync now supports an AddDevice command, but I haven't looked into what it's for yet.
  • There's a new StatisticsUtil::replaceOutliers function, which uses quartiles to remove outliers from statistics (I'll look into which ones later).
    • Update: This function is used to remove the top quartile from the reading speed tracker, which is used to calculate the seconds per word used for time estimates.
  • There's a few changes to the OverDrive store section.

Last edited by geek1011; 06-23-2020 at 03:14 PM.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote