View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 03:03 PM   #28931
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Manga
My review of Moment of Truth (Love, Life, and the List, #3), by Kasie West:-

Spoiler:
Reading this one reminded me of the Cazalet chronicles, because of its hypnotic addictive quality. The chapters were bite sized, the prose and the ideas behind them were simple, logical, pertinent, and efficient. What's not to like?

I never thought I would discover something so freshly compatible on the YA scene. I had been reading books by Patricia Briggs, where the romance was not graphic, but the stalling was dull as dishwater. I also read books by Kim Harrison and Darynda Jones. Too much supernatural fawning and seduction.

Books like this, especially if they happen to be written by Kasie West, fall in a snuggly Goldilocks zone. The only fly in the ointment was a worrying tendency to be formulaic, and that I noticed after just two books. Hopefully the best is ahead. I'm still having visions of the characters interacting. This was a great read indeed.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote