View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 04:41 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
There's threads on here comparing ePub to kepub.

From memory:
ePub:
  • Uses Adobe page numbers, so page 27 always has the same text no matter what size font you use
  • Better layout and font rendering

Kepub:
  • One screen=one page. So if a chapter is 13 pages, tapping the screen 13 times will get you to the next chapter
  • Zoomable images
  • Pop-up footnotes

I prefer kepub myself. I disliked the ePub page numbers, where a 13 page chapter could require anywhere between 13-39 page turns.
I prefer ePub because the typesetting is MUCH better then KePub. Plus, ePub has proper page numbers that do not change with changes in font, font size, margins, or line height.

As for pop-up footnotes in KePub, the footnotes have to be coded correctly for that to work and in most ePub, that won't be the case. Also with KePub, it's best to have every HTML file in the ToC. So tat means editing the ePub before sending it to the Kobo as KePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote