View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 02:46 PM   #28923
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
My review of Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu:-

Spoiler:
I was dreading the metaphors here, like I do with all YA books. It was a nice surprise to read only two lines guilty of this sin... I only remember one of them. Mentions pain in Day's leg like being in a bottomless lake.

June and Day are precocious soulmates, who are also at different ends of the social ladder. That ladder plays a role in this narration. This is after all, a dystopian future. I liked the June/Day interaction quite some. But if I had to describe the entire tone of the book, I wouldn't say 'romantic'. I'd say, 'solemn'.

The writer wrote this book knowing, perhaps, that it would place her firmly in the YA radar, a celebrity and a success. She fully deserves the latter. Reading a YA book after so many years felt like reaching home after a long day outside. But yeah, this book was neither grim nor stark, neither playful nor deathly. It was ritualistic and solemn for which is the only reason I gave it 4 stars.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote