View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 10:25 AM   #28895
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Manga
My 5 star review of Just Murdered (Dead-End Job Mystery, #4), by Elaine Viets:-

Spoiler:
This title cliched its fifth star only barely. I knew, however that Just Murdered would break my run of ill rated books. There was no great twist in the murderer's identity, but the author still made it work.

I loved this entry in the series. The ups and downs of Elaine Viets's heroine, Helen Hawthorne are a joy to read. The Dead-End Job mysteries is one of those book series that languish in semi anonymity. Each time you wonder how Helen is going to lose her present job.

Losing the current job was like pulling teeth. I hope that the 15th and last book herein gives some closure to us poor fans. I really think that the heroine should have stayed put. But that would not do for the author. She became victim of her own formula.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote