View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 01:24 PM   #14
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
I find that even in a relatively brightly lit room, using the light on my Aura has its advantages such as improving contrast and keeping the screen evenly illuminated regardless of how I position it. I can also confirm that I have spent many a night reading in a darkened room without the eye fatigue one experiences with a backlit device like a cell phone or tablet.
My experience is the same. A wider line spacing is also helpful for me, sometimes more helpful than enlarging the font size.

I can read perhaps 10 minutes in a dark room on my iPhone, even with the backlight very dim. White text, dark background, night mode, nothing makes that comfortable for me. Actually, white text on a dark background is terrible for me, like little shards of bright light.

I can read comfortably for an hour or two on my front lit Kindles in a totally dark room. The longer I read, the more dim I can set the lighting.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote