View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 11:11 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cepheus View Post
I have created an e-Pub that has no issues on other devices. On a Kobo though something very strange happens. In the attache image you can see that it has right aligned the italicized phrase at the end of the paragraph. It has also removed the period that is at the end of the sentence. This doesn’t happen with every italicized word/phrase but it does happen frequently thought the book. I put the XHTML and CSS below. Has anyone else had this experience with their ePubls and does anyone know why this happens?

Any insight is appreciated.

XHTML
<para>I shook my head back and forth as Rosie sat in her chair like Scheherazade, the famous Persian storyteller of <citetitle>1001 Nights</citetitle>.</para>

CSS
em, em.citetitle, em.emphasis, em.foreignphrase {
font-family: inherit;
font-style: italic;
font-weight: normal;
text-align: inherit;
}
Do you actually have <para>...</para> being using instead of <p>...</p>? You need to use the correct tags.

Ditto for <citetitle>...</citetitle>

<p class="para">....<em class="citetitle">...</em></p>

Though using just <em> would work from the part of your CSS you posted. I would lose the font-family: inherit, font-weight: normal and text-align: inherit from the css as well. If you wanted to bold an citetitle, the font-weight would block or not block depending on the order applied.

Code:
<p class="para">I shook my head back and forth as Rosie sat in her chair like Scheherazade, the famous Persian storyteller of <em class="citetitle">1001 Nights</em>.</para>

p.para  {
    display : block;
    font-size : 1em;
    padding : 0 0 0.2em 0;
    margin : 0 0 0 0;
;

em, em.citetitle, em.emphasis, em.foreignphrase {
    font-style: italic;
}
If you have the rights to do so, you might want to post the book itself either attached to a message in this thread or possibly a new thread in the Epub forum. If you are worried about the contents of the book, use the ScrambleBook plugin for calibre to scramble it before posting.

Edit: And what device are you reading on?

Last edited by DNSB; 05-11-2020 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Query about reading device.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote