View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 04:37 PM   #28879
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
My 2 star review of Body on the Bayou (Cajun Country Mystery, #2), by Ellen Byron:-

Spoiler:
Like most cozies worth their salt, this one wears its phoniness on its sleeve. But that doesn't mean that the writer can get away with murder.

There was a lot of waffling. The main character follows the trail that a semi competent cop would be onto in a jiffy. Pages and pages of nothingness dressed as story. I can't be garrulous in the face of well meaning mediocrity.

The manner of the showdown was different. The big twist in the end, with the wedding, was uncalled for and was incredulous. If I'm in a bind in the future and don't know what to read I might pick up the next book in the series.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote