View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 01:47 PM   #28868
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
My review of Five Run Away Together (Famous Five, #3), by Enid Blyton:-

Spoiler:
My opinion of the reread of this book hasn't changed much. When once the arrival of the other three siblings set my heart racing, now I feel drowsy. And a bit sad, too.

I've been wanting to write a fanfic about the Famous Five, and maybe I will. The challenge lies in the thought of a new angle. Or has the great Enid Blyton figured every good story idea? Somehow my will is resisting this ponderous, downish idea.

As for this book, it's too childish. It's more childish than the Enchanted Wood trilogy, or A book of Brownies. I'll probably never revisit this particular offering again. It's left better in my middle grade days.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote