View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 03:17 PM   #28859
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Manga
My review of Radiant Angel (John Corey, #7), by Nelson Demille:-

Spoiler:
For some time, the book promised a 5 star read. But the author mistook minutiae for perfectionism. The writer also claims he took artistic license. I couldn't verify this in most cases, except for gun silencers. They still make the loud noises that defeat their purpose.

Nelson Demille is even now a smart writer. He thought of the best jokes, some of which were xenophobic, but still were funny. The jokes dried up soon as the plot came to a sludgy stop for these crucial chapters that make or break a thriller.

Overall I must say I never wanted even once to ditch this book. Its clever format and crisp lingo prevented me from getting depressed. When I read a truly bad book, I do get depressed, and when that happens, I ditch the book. This has not happened here. 2 stars is the most and the least I can give.

Last edited by Luffy; 04-29-2020 at 09:11 AM.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote