View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 05:45 AM   #6
Abelturd
Little Fuzzy Soldier
Abelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toysAbelturd shares his or her toys

Device: cybook gen3, htc hero, ipaq 214
PocketBook 301

I can't read Ukrainian, but I watched the video on their site and skimmed through some google-translated text. And it made me weep to see all those beautiful functions on a netronix device. They explicitly said it's a Netronix, maybe not eb-100 though. It makes you wonder what could have been, if it wasn't for *someone's* inaptitude.
From what I've seen, it has better use of screen real estate (no overblown margins, header, footer), on-screen keyboard, text lookup, you can probably write your own notes, better bookshelf design, really nice graphical main menu, ability to switch between landscape and portrait with reflow, text highlighting.
These are the specs:
--------------------------
Technical specifications
--------------------------
Display: 6" E Ink ® Vizplex 600 × 800, 166 dpi, B & W
Processor: Samsung ® S3C2410 ARM920T 200MHz Processor: Samsung ® S3C2410 ARM920T 200MHz
Operating system: Linux Operating System: Linux
Battery: Li-Polymer (1000 mAh) Battery: Li-Polymer (1000 mAh)
Memory: Systemnaya 8 Mb, OPERATIONA 32 Mb, Permanent 512 Mb Memory: Systemnaya 8 Mb, OPERATIONA 32 Mb, 512 Mb Permanent
Communication: mini USB (v 2.0) Communication: mini USB (v 2.0)
Slot memory: SD card (in a package with a version of "Standard" 1Gb SD Card) Slot memory: SD card (in a package with a version of "Standard" 1Gb SD Card)
Audio output: 2.5mm stereo Audio output: 2.5mm stereo
Power supply: INPUT: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz, 0,2 A; OUTPUT: 5V 1A Power supply: INPUT: 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz, 0,2 A; OUTPUT: 5V 1A
Форматы Book: FB2, TXT, PDF, DJVU, RTF, HTML, PRC, CHM
Форматы Book: FB2, TXT, PDF, DJVU, RTF, HTML, PRC, CHM
Форматы image: JPEG Форматы image: JPEG
Форматы audio: MP3, WAV Форматы audio: MP3, WAV
Size: 118 x 188 x 8,5 mm Size: 118 x 188 x 8,5 mm
Weight: 178 g (without cover), 292 g (s zhestkoy oblozhkoy) Weight: 178 g (without cover), 292 g (s zhestkoy oblozhkoy)
Color: Black, Серый Color: Black, Серый
It's not so much different from the cybook if at all. I'm not sure if the amount of RAM is the same, the processor is definitely the same.
I don't see even the new bookeen's firmware update getting anywhere close to this one, no offence, I'm all up for a pleasant surprise.

Does anyone know if it supports utf encoding or some other than ukrainian encoding?
Do you think it would be possible to get pocketbook FW on gen3 cybook? I'm even prepared to shell out some solid cash for it. Oh, I want this FW sooo badly.
Abelturd is offline   Reply With Quote