View Single Post
Old 04-21-2020, 03:29 PM   #28852
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
My review of My review of Five Have a Wonderful Time by Enid Blyton:-

Spoiler:
I must say that in the aftermath of reading this book, I pegged it at 2 stars. But then I chided myself for relying too much on familiarity. Not every Famous Five has an endgame that is familiar.

One beef I have with these fair folk. They do not change because of external stimuli, but because one of their own likes the Five. I must chalk this too with other unfamiliarity.

Enid Blyton was inspired in its starkest sense. Nothing more, nothing less. The denouement was very much plot driven, laborious though it was. In the end I found the book to be the real thing, because after this one book - the 11th one - not many good books have been written in this series.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote