View Single Post
Old 04-16-2020, 12:12 AM   #22
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmw View Post
And the second was swinging through the trees of Wisconsin - over the top of a bush fire. This gave me trouble (hot air rises, trees burn). Isn't it odd that, of all the things I could have picked on, this stood out? And I've never even been to Wisconsin. Okay, so I've never been to Africa, either.
I thought this last section with the Wisconsin fire was odd and maybe too much of a stretch. I certainly don't think of fire threats in Wisconsin. One thinks of them more in the forests of the far Western US, especially in drier areas. Perhaps at the time period of the book Wisconsin was wild Western territory and not as populated so the trees were really dense. It was likely before there were also policies of intentional thinning of forests to reduce the threats of fire. So maybe it was not unusual to the reader of this time period.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote