View Single Post
Old 03-17-2009, 01:12 PM   #13
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
There is an open source project called Frotz over at Sourceforge. They've got a number of Z-machine interpreters for various platforms, even the Franklin e-bookman. There are interpreters written in Java and Perl as well.

I've got the majority of the old infocom games (Activision released a couple of CD-ROMs with most of them a decade or so ago), so I'd be thrilled to see them playable on my Reader.

Like a lot of you, though, I'm completely lacking in the programming skills required to actually port something over.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote