View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 09:40 AM   #8
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
There's one thing Kindles are superior for and that is Whispersync for non-Amazon books. Kobo doesn't have anything like that. Otherwise no. I certainly wouldn't say my Libra is inferior to my Kindles, hardware- or software-wise.

Now Nook software is inferior to both Kobo and Kindle. Their hardware is fine, but software not so much.
Price should be a much more important factor in reviews, value for money. You pay $270 for a 7” device without ads at Amazon, $250 for an 8” device at Kobo, and $200 for a 7.8” device at B&N. That should be the starting point; then the bells & whistles can add or subtract value.

For me, personally, OD integration is far more important than WS for non-Kobo books would be. It’s just not that hard to find where I left off in side-loaded books and my Kobo books do sync. That’s where the bells & whistles factor kicks in; it’s really all about the price. The Nook is a fantastic value for a very nice device and for most people, the software is good enough.

Price tends to be an afterthought in rating Kindle devices and that’s where I think the bias lies.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote