View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 03:02 PM   #64
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
The Hobbit was so coma-boring that I refused to read Lord of the Rings. Had the entire set sitting on the shelf (my wife's). Never touched it.
They're very different. The Hobbit is a sort of children's style, where LOTR is in an adult, could even be said, 'high', style. It's a legend from nobler, grander times. Tolkien also loves writing descriptions, and I can understand that for some it feels longwinded. For me, it all just adds to the richness of the tale.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote