View Single Post
Old 03-09-2020, 01:08 AM   #10
Jack Torrance
“Here’s Johnny
Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Torrance ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG - 9.7 iPad - iPhone 12PM - Macbook Pro
I have a DX and have had zero issues with it. I bought it when Amazon re-released them in 2014 so its almost 6 years old.

The battery lasts for weeks on standby and even wit heavy usage it lasts days ??

I don't know how fast the newer ones are but again it changes pages quickly that it doesn't bother me when reading.

Its heavier than the new ones but to me the tradeoff for the lager screen is worth it. like a paperback vs a hardback.

It has a headphone jack and speakers along with a full keyboard. and even with only 4gb of memory it holds a ton of books and how many do you really need?

it hasn't gotten any firmware updates but are you missing anything you cant live without?

I cant see amazon dropping the ability to send books to it. The whispernet has never worked were I live so even if it went away its no great loss.

It has page turn buttons...To me much better than swiping.

It doesn't have a lit screen....This is a tossup. After reading all the issues with the lighting on the larger models its probably a good thing.

Its never been good for pdfs or comics, if thats your thing get a tablet.
Jack Torrance is offline   Reply With Quote