View Single Post
Old 02-24-2020, 03:48 AM   #77
smallhagrid
Hillbilly
smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.smallhagrid substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: EZReader
So here I come - 10+ years later & have the 5" reader here as well as the Nokia BL-5C & a couple of other good, orphaned batteries of similar sizes & ratings.

The BL-5C can fit although it is a bit fatter, as is the LG battery I tried.
For a ~10 year old device from a company & principal that are out of the picture permanently, there is little to be lost in trying whatever may work if/when the existing battery quits.

I have re-purposed Li-Ion batteries before to good effect, and so long as they have the correct terminals, it is no big deal to very quickly & carefully solder on the leads correctly & safely.

As to the battery door:
It can either bow a wee bit, or be replaced with the universal battery cover - duct tape !!

Either way, at some point I'll be the crash test dummy for this situation all these years later.

I've always had the 6" model & spare batteries are a non-issue for that one as we had Nokia phones that used the BL-5C pack, which got retired when 2G went offline - so I have several spare battery packs on hand as well as the external charger for them.
smallhagrid is offline   Reply With Quote