View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 06:42 PM   #8
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
I still have multiple DX units, both white and DXG. One is from the last batch Amazon offered, a couple of years after the original discontinuing of the DXG. I still like the large format screen, even for regular book reading which is why I also have the 7" Oasis and the 7.8" and 8" screen Kobo readers. Not too heavy for me and I have not used it for PDFs. Not too sure how long it can continue to communicate with Amazon via 3G phone communication and it does not offer wifi. As others state, it is old technology but I like my units. As I recall the DXG had a eink Pearl screen which had a whiter background than the earlier ones and was used for years on the Kindle Basic which still uses a 168 DPI screen, barely higher resolution than the 150 DPI DXG. My batteries still hold a charge for a reasonable time.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote