View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 04:55 AM   #10
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Unfortunately I think even if you bought a newer model in a few years you would have the same problem, I bought that Samsung tablet new and it had been released not long ago, and it only got one update, I think in the 1st year.

The companies don’t care about updating, they want you to buy a new device each year.

For me, I found that android tablets/phones will not do, although I find them easier to work with (they seem more straightforward then iOS devices) but when I buy an electronic device I want it to last several years, I will use it until it stops working, and only then I will replace it. And I had the proof with first my phone and later with the tablet that with android that would not happen because I could use it for what I wanted because of the lack of updates.

So my conclusion is that I’ll go with iOs only because the devices get updates for several years, and also they still work ok after several years, if I was a person that liked to change device often I would go with android.

I still have my first android phone that I sometimes use to play audiobooks or music mainly when working around the house, but it is slooowwwww, and crashes a lot, it also was a Samsung and it never got an update.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote